Light Rail Links
The Light Rail Links CoalitionThe Light Rail Links Community Coalition formed as a result of the growing movement of like-minded individuals and groups advocating for Light Rail Transit (LRT) south of the Fraser. Our coalition is made up of community supporters that represent a variety of interests.
Our coalition includes community groups, neighbourhood associations, businesses and business organizations. Member groups include:
- Anthem Properties
- Century Group
- Downtown Surrey Business Improvement Association
- Fleetwood Community Association
- Fraser Valley Heritage Railway Society
- Fraser Valley Real Estate Board
- Guildford Town Centre
- Lower Mainland Chambers Transportation Panel
- South Surrey & White Rock Chamber of Commerce
- Surrey Board of Trade
- Surrey Citizens Transportation Initiative (CiTi)
- Surrey Library Board
- Tourism Surrey
- Value Industries
- Blackwood Partners/Central City
- Cloverdale Chamber of Commerce
Light Rail Links is focused on promoting the benefits of LRT and generating support for building an LRT system south of the Fraser. Our goal is to demonstrate to TransLink, and the federal and provincial governments that there is widespread support for an LRT system and that funding LRT should be their top priority.
For more information, email email@example.com.
- LRT will connect communities south of the Fraser
- LRT will create pedestrian-friendly neighbourhoods with new developments and businesses
- LRT has easily accessible cars that can carry high volumes of passengers
- LRT is a cost effective solution that will link the most communities
Three LRT routes are being proposed by the City of Surrey:
- City Centre to Guildford, along 104 Avenue, with a connection to Highway 1
- City Centre to Highway 10 in Newton with the opportunity for future extension to the south
- City Centre to Langley, passing through Fleetwood and Clayton along the Fraser Highway
LRT - Milan
LRT - Houston
LRT - Houston
In The News
New Light Rail Community Coalition Launched to Advocate for Connecting Communities South of the Fraser
Sign the Petition
Do you support LRT south of the Fraser? Show your support by signing our petition.
I, the undersigned, agree that LRT is needed south of the Fraser now to help shape and connect our communities.
Spread the Word
I wanted to share this site with you so that you can show your support for LRT south of the Fraser.